Community

Wylie wins nail-biter 2-1 over New Jersey in elimination game, stays alive in Little League World Series.

By: Jack Walker After suffering a soggy and suspenseful disappointment in Monday's (August 23) rain-delayed contest to Michigan in game two of the Little League World Series, the little team from West Texas polished off New Jersey 2-1 in a do-or-die match. They will continue their resilient campaign for global glory against a stout Nebraska ...

City Offices Closed July 4th

By Floyd Miller

City offices to close for July 4th ABILENE, Texas – In observance of the July 4th holiday, most…

Let’s Go

By Floyd Miller

Let’s go in forceBy Floyd E. MillerAs President of the Abilene Black Chamber of Commerce, I want to…

End of An Era

By Floyd Miller

End of an EraBy Floyd MillerWest Texas TribuneSaturday morning, June 25th, was somewhat of a somber morning at…

Children learn to cope with life’s hard knocks

By Joe Starkey

Camp CourageBy Joe Starkey“I love my mommy and she’s gone and I’m so lost.” The quietly crying young…

Childers Assumes Presidency

By Floyd Miller

Childers Assumes Presidency of Texas City Management Association Rickey Childers, City Manager of Longview, will assume the office…

James Francis comments on Juneteeneth

By Floyd Miller

What Is Juneteenth Juneteenth is the oldest known celebration of the ending of slavery. It dates back to…

Town Hall Meeting Followup

By Joe Starkey

Town Hall Meeting Follow-upBy Joe StarkeyCouncilman Williams opened the June 12th meeting and welcomed everyone back to hear…

Old cars sweet memories

By Joe Starkey

Arrow Ford FestBy Joe StarkeyCar enthusiasts and history buffs came together at Arrow Ford on Saturday, June 4,…

My Father Stayed

By Mattie Dixon

Austin, TexasLooking at the condition of the world today, and the situations so many children are in, I…

WYLIE LITTLE LEAGUE SQUAD LOSES HEARTBREAKER TO MICHIGAN IN SECOND ROUND 6-5 IN WILLIAMSPORT, PA BUT STILL ALIVE

By Jack Walker

By: Jack Walker West Texas Tribune SPORTS It just wasn’t meant to be for Wylie’s little league team…

A young father is fighting colon cancer Peter and Lesly Jaramillo tell their story

By Floyd Miller

Abilene Community joins the Jaramillo Family in fighting colon cancer. Peter at age 24 was diagnosed with colon…

Southwest Airlines promotes Tony Roach Jr

By Floyd Miller

Managing Director Tony Roach was promoted to Vice President Customer Experience & Customer Relations. Roach’s focus will be strengthening efforts to…

Heart & Hope: Where Neuroscience Meets Theology an interview with Dr. Ben Gray

By Floyd Miller

Dr. Ben Gray was a guest on Its Everything West Texas his subject was “ Where Neuroscience Meets Theology.”…

West Texas Tribune Community Survey

By Floyd Miller

The West Texas Tribune is a local, community-based newspaper covering the Abilene area. We would like to know…

Guilt an Interview with Carol King

By Floyd Miller

Carol King shares the role guilt played in her life and how she finally over came this burden.…

Josh Haynes an Interview on betting the odds

By Floyd Miller

Josh Haynes, owner of Abilene Motors Magazine LLC has certainly over come the odds and he’s continuing to…

Jenna Bane named new softball coach at Abilene High

By Jack Walker

The Abilene High Eagles have named Jenna Bane the new head softball coach of the AHS Eagles Varsity Softball team.

JACK WALKER: “SIT DOWN ON THE DALLAS COWBOYS IN 2021”

By Jack Walker
WEST TEXAS TRIBUNE JOURNALIST JACK WALKER

SIT DOWN ON DALLAS IN 2021  By: Jack Walker As mandatory minicamps kick off this week, the Dallas…

THE BEAT GOES ON

By Jack Walker

THE COMMUNITY FEATURE FOR THE JUNE ISSUE OF THE WEST TEXAS TRIBUNE ABILENE EDITION FEATURES AN EXCLUSIVE NARRATIVE ABOUT TWO MUSICAL TALENTS IN ABILENE TEXAS AND THEIR HEARTWARMING JOURNEY THAT IS IN FULL MOTION AS YOU READ THIS CAPTION.

Ad Partners